The remote proctor solution does not install any software on your computer and will cease all recording when your finish your assessment and/or close the browser window. However, you should still take appropriate steps while taking the assessment, both to ensure your privacy and to avoid compromising your assessment results:
- Close all other running programs, including email applications, communication applications (instant messaging, chat, etc.), and anything that may contain or include sensitive personal information. This includes any programs running in the background that may launch pop-ups or notifications.
- Turn off and do not use phones or other communication devices/tools.
- Do not have any sensitive personal information showing in your test-taking environment.
- Ensure any others in your test-taking environment know you should not be disturbed.
- Once the assessment begins, do not open any other program or open any additional browser windows or tabs.
Q. How long will you store my personal information?
Q. What are my options if I don’t want to be recorded?
A. Many programs also offer the possibility of human-proctored sessions, either in conjunction with face-to-face training classes or at separate standalone sessions. Completing the online assessments in a human-proctored environment will not record footage from your webcam or microphone. Please contact the training provider to determine if this option is available for you.